What am I trying to achieve when I go into a class?
- You showing me v.s. My showing you
- I am not demonstrating a skill, rather I am evaluating them.
- Criteria for inverse teaching
- Document in a photo the student holding their artwork.
- Document the quality of the work.
- Document the expression and demeanor on the persons face.
Terms of Art in Dementia Document where the person is in Stewart, 2004 criteria:
- Individuals living with mild dementia are capable of using depth, proportion, correct colors and detail in their work.
- Moderate dementia limits ability with color choice and creating representational figures or forms.
- Scribbling and random use of color is expected with people in the later stages of dementia and motiviation to participate may be non-existent.